You can prepare marinated duck breast with rum anaad coffee as it is one of the great options for a romantic dinner. For this, you have to make few preparations ahead.
People in Canada can easily order fresh meat by visiting Lac Brome Lake website. They provide naturally raised pecking ducks at affordable price. Also, they offer variety of duck products and recipes for everyday meals.
Ingredients for Marinade duck breast
2 fatless and skinless duck breasts (5 oz each)
Liquid marinade – 3 ounces of blended coffee, 1.5-ounce spiced rum, 1.5-ounce dark rum, handful of parsley, herbs, and thyme.
Dry rub – 3/4th teaspoon cinnamon powder, small amount of grounded nutmeg, 1 tablespoon butter (unsalted), 1 cup wild rice cooked, and 1 oz coffee powder.
Sauce – 3 oz blended coffee, ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder, 1/4th teaspoon nutmeg, and 1.5 oz of dark rum.
- Blend 6 ounces of espresso and place them in a bowl. Now, take 3 ounces of blended coffee, 1.5 ounce of spiced rum and dark rum mix well and keep in a pack (plastic).
- Take the rub ingredients, mix in a bowl and score the skin of duck breasts with a knife. Then, place the mixture in it and marinate for 8 to 12 hours.
- When the duck marinated; rub the mixture on the breast, place in a pan and cover it. Now, set your oven temperature at 175℉ and roast it for an hour. After an hour, remove pan from the oven and keep aside.
- Combine the ingredients for sauce in a sauce pan, boil it, and stir often. Remove the breasts from the pan and strain the drippings in the sauce pan. Stir it often until it reduces half.
- Take a large pan, add some butter, once it melts, add duck breasts, and sauté each side one minute.
Grill (option 1)
Grill the breasts at a temperature 350°-450°F or on the flame by placing the skin down, turn after 8 to10 minutes. Cook it, until it turns to brown color.
Flambé and Frizz (option 2)
Take one-ounce dark rum to flambé. Remove the breasts from pan and serve with a steamed asparagus, vegetable medley, or wild rice. Before serving, splash sauce mixture on each breast.
Over cooking will spoil the taste, so take precautions while cooking. If you want to enjoy the real taste of marinade duck breast purchase fresh ducks from the best butchers.